Pakistan elected as Chairperson of UN Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan’s Permanent Representative to the United Nation in Geneva, Ambassador Khalil Hashmi, has been elected as Chairperson of the Annual Meeting of States Parties to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW).
The Convention represents an important arms control framework that envisages prohibitions and restrictions on certain conventional weapons that can cause unnecessary suffering to combatants or affect civilians indiscriminately.
A statement issued by Foreign Office in Islamabad said Pakistan’s unanimous election as Chairperson of the annual meeting of the Convention reflects recognition by the international community of the country’s longstanding contribution to promote international security through arms control instruments, the Radio Pakistan reported.
It is also an endorsement of Pakistan’s strong credentials in multilateral diplomacy.
- HUAWEI Y9s breaks records with hot sales nationwide04:20 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor to tie the knot next year in Indian Kashmir?12:36 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019