Four FC troops martyred in Kurram Agency landmine blasts
PESHAWAR - At least four security personnel of Frontier Constabulary (FC) were killed and three injured on Sunday when three improvised explosive devices (IED) went off in an area of Kurram tribal agency.
According to political administration, the blasts took place in Kharlachi, an area some 100 kilometers away from Pak-Afghan border.
Captain Husnain, Sepoy Saeed Baz, Qadir and Juma Gul are among martyrs, while Lance Nike Sher Afzal, Nike Anwar, Sepoy Zahir received injuries.
According to the ISPR, the martyrs and injured troops were part of team, which conducted search operation to trace handlers of free US-Canadian family.
After the blasts, security officials reached the site and cordoned off the area. The security official also launched a search operation. The border crossing at Kharlachi has been sealed following the blasts.
The funeral prayers of the martyrs has been offered.
Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif and other officials condemn the killing of troops.
In September, three security officials had been injured when a vehicle belonging to security forces hit a landmine in Kurram Agency.
The Pakistan Army has destroyed many hideouts of the militants in tribal areas with the launch of Operation Raddul Fasaad in February.
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020