Fake accounts case: NAB issues arrest warrants for Asif Zardari
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has issued arrest warrants for former president and co-chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Asif Ali Zardari in fake accounts case today.
According to a declaration issued from Islamabad, NAB Chairman Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal has signed the arrest warrants.
The anti-corruption watchdog has maintained that Asif Ali Zardari is wanted in a case over suspicious transaction of Rs 8 billion.
The NAB authorities will request the Islamabad High Court (IHC) to reject Asif Zardari’s interim bail in the fake accounts case as a two-member bench headed by Justice Aamer Farooq will hear the PPP co-chairman’s bail plea today.
- Pakistan Railways to run three special trains on Eidul Adha03:28 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Top Pakistani general discusses bilateral security with Iranian ...03:05 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Asad Rauf: Former ICC umpire not ashamed to sell second-hand items in ...02:44 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani forces kill three terrorists in North Waziristan operation02:14 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Mahira Khan shares tips to get viral on social media01:33 PM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Model Fia Khan faces backlash over bold pregnancy photoshoot11:51 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Hareem Farooq and Imran Abbas channel 70s vibes in latest BTS video11:00 AM | 2 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022