Terrorists regrouping in Afghanistan's safe havens for spreading despondency in Pakistan: Army chief
According to Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the Army chief visited Mohmand and Bajaur Agencies where he met with troops and had interaction with tribal elders. He also met the kins of those who embraced martyrdom during yesterday’s terrorist attack at Ghalanai and offered respects and condolences.
Speaking on the event, the army chief said: "We all collectively shall fail their desperate maneuvers". He said that efforts to ensure that our soil was not used against any other country shall continue and expect from others to reciprocate in same manner.
Hostile agencies should avoid playing with regional peace and stability as we reserve the right to respond, despite our current policy of restraint, he added.
He lauded LEA, at Mohmand, especially Levis for thwarting yesterday’s suicide attack minimizing the loss of lives. He also appreciated troops for effectively responding to cross border attack from Afghanistan on Pakistani post last week.
He said that cooperation between our brace citizens, Army, LEAs and intelligence agencies is cornerstone of our success against terrorism.
He assured local tribes that Pakistan Army will continue its efforts to improve infrastructure in FATA, including roads, health, education and community development projects.
Army fully supports initiatives for mainstreaming of FATA being undertaken in accordance with the wishes of the people, COAS concluded.
Commander Peshawar Corps Lieutenant General Nazir Ahmed Butt and other senior Army and FC officials were also present on the occasion.
- Pakistan, China agree on early launch of much-awaited ML-1 project08:26 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan tests Turkish-made Bayraktar TB2 drone in latest air exercise07:49 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- ‘Another dark day in Pakistan’s history,’ PTI reacts to Maryam ...06:13 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- 'Gangster Paradise' rapper Coolio dies at 5905:21 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Hareem Farooq’s new sizzling photos set internet on fire05:00 PM | 29 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022