9 Pakistani-origin men confirmed dead in Christchurch mosque terror attacks
ISLAMABAD – Nine Pakistani origin men have been confirmed dead in the deadly Friday shooting in central Christchurch, the country's foreign office confirmed on Sunday.
According to the Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal, three more Pakistani's have been identified, raising the death toll upto nine Pakistani origin men in the NewZealand terror attack.
The spokesperson said that three more Pakistani's, "Mr Raza, his father Mr Ghulam Hussain and mother Ms Karam bibi have now been confirmed to have embraced shahadat in the terrorist attack in #NewZealand."
Mr Zeeshan Raza, his father Mr Ghulam Hussain and mother Ms. Karam bibi have now been confirmed to have embraced shahadat in the terrroist attack in #NewZealand. We are in touch with their family. A total of 9 Pakistanis embraced shahadat in #NewZealandTerrorAttack— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 17, 2019
Earlier, the FO confirmed the death of six Pakistani origin men identified as Sohail Shahid, Syed Jahandad Ali, Syed Areeb Ahmed, Mahboob Haroon, Naeem Rashid and his son Talha Naeem.
Terrorism in #NewZealand: Mr. Sohail Shahid, Syed Jahandad Ali, Syed Areeb Ahmed, Mr. Mahboob Haroon, Mr. Naeem Rashid and his son Mr. Talha Naeem have been announced dead by #NewZealand authorities. Other 3 missing are still being identified. #ChristchurchMosqueShooting— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 16, 2019
In a series of tweets Saturday morning, Foreign Office Spokesperson Dr Muhammad Faisal named all nine Pakistani origin victims of the terrorist attack at two mosques in New Zealand.
List of Missing Pakistanis in NZ terrorism attack:— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 16, 2019
1) Mr Zeeshan Raza
2) Father of Mr Zeeshan Raza
3) Mother of Mr Zeeshan Raza
4) Mr Haroon mahmood, s/o, Mr shahid mehmood, mother’s name Ms sabiha mahmood, resident of rawalpindi born 29/7/1978, age 40yrs
5) Mr Sohail Shahid, s/o Mr muhammad shabbir, born 6/01/1983, age 40 yrs— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 16, 2019
6) Syed Areeb Ahmed, s/o Ayaz Ahmed, m/n Tanzeem Fatima, r/o Karachi, born 12-10-1992, age 26 yrs
7) Syed Jahanand Ali, born 24/01/1985, age 34 years
8) Mr Talha Naeem, m/n, Shandana, r/o Abbottabad, born 16/7/1997, age 22yrs - missing— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 16, 2019
9) Mr Naeem Rashid, s/o Abdul Rashid, r/o Abbottabad, Our Mission in New Zealand is trying to ascertain further details
In a previous tweet, the FO spokesman said “one Pakistani injured identified as Muhammad Amin Nasir, DOB: 01-10-1951, from Hafizabad.”
The spokesman added that “He is in ICU and remains in critical condition.”
Pakistan mourns father-son duo killed in New ... 11:23 PM | 15 Mar, 2019
WELLINGTON - A Pakistani origin man, who tried to disarm Australia-born gunman during an active shooting at a mosque in ...
The Deputy High Commissioner said that they were making all-out efforts to find the missing Pakistanis and added that the Christchurch police and hospitals' management were unable to give any details. He said that the officials of the high commission were visiting different hospitals and police stations to find out the missing Pakistanis.
The deputy high commissioner said that the government had shut all the mosques in New Zealand after the Christchurch attacks.
Syed Moazzam Shah, Minister Political, Pakistan High Commission in New Zealand, Cell +64 21 779 495 is our focal point. Media queries however may be directed to Spokesperson in Islamabad. #pakistanagainstterror— Dr Mohammad Faisal (@DrMFaisal) March 15, 2019
The FO spokesman, in a previous tweet, said Syed Moazzam Shah, Minister Political, Pakistan High Commission in New Zealand, is the focal person.
Forty-nine people were killed after a gunman opened fire at two mosques in the New Zealand city during Friday (Jumma) prayers. Forty-one people were shot dead at the Deans Ave mosque, seven were killed at the Linwood Ave attack, and one person shot in the second mosque attack died in hospital.
Death toll rises to 50 in terrorist attack at New ... 09:28 AM | 15 Mar, 2019
CHRISTCHURCH – The staggering death toll from the mass shootings at two Christchurch mosques has climbed to 50, New ...
New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush confirmed on Friday afternoon that police had arrested four people, three men and one woman, after the gunman shot at worshippers as they gathered for Friday prayers. He added he wouldn't "assume that the threat is over".
Bush also confirmed that reports of improvised explosive devices being strapped to vehicles had been deemed safe by defence force personnel.
Earlier, a Facebook Live video was posted by the account "Brenton Tarrant 9" with the credit "Brenton Tarrant was live" which showed the gunman attacking Christchurch's Al Noor mosque.
The footage, filmed with a head-mounted camera, showed him firing indiscriminately at men, women and children from close range inside the mosque.
Who is Brenton Tarrant - the Australian shooter ... 06:01 PM | 15 Mar, 2019
WELLINGTON – A gunman who live-streamed himself opening fire at the Al Noor mosque in Christchurch, New Zealand, ...
Police called on the public not to share the “extremely distressing” footage online. Facebook said it had removed the gunman’s Facebook and Instagram accounts and was working to remove any copies of the footage.
Following the Friday’s attack, Prime Minister Scott Morrison confirmed the man was an Australian citizen and described him as a violent, right-wing extremist terrorist. He said he had been briefed on the dossier.
"It is the work of hate, I've got no other way to describe it," he said. "What's born of hate is never good."
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, speaking from New Plymouth, said it was "one of New Zealand's darkest days", describing the incidents as "an unprecedented act of violence".
- Malik Riaz refutes allegations leveled against him in Uzma Khan ...02:01 PM | 31 May, 2020
- Islamabad makes wearing face masks mandatory in all public places12:31 PM | 31 May, 2020
- NDMA activates another two separate hotlines to counter locust, ...11:27 AM | 31 May, 2020
- At least 7 killed, 30 injured after Multan-bound bus overturns near ...10:31 AM | 31 May, 2020
- Zaira Wasim deactivates social media accounts over trolling03:41 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Kylie Jenner is not a billionaire, says Forbes03:09 PM | 30 May, 2020
- Grammy-winning artists from 7 countries collaborate for a Pakistani ...05:16 PM | 29 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020