CPEC becomes reality as first Chinese ship docks at Gwadar port
The project is the beginning of a journey of prosperity of Pakistan. The CPEC is about 3000 kilometres long consisting of highways, railways and pipelines that will connect China’s Xinjiang province to rest of the world through Pakistan’s Gwadar port.
The arrival of first Chinese ship comes a day after analysts indicated that China may speed up the construction of CPEC, which passes through Azad Kashmir if Pakistan was isolated and cornered by India.
— Maryam Nawaz Sharif (@MaryamNSharif) October 16, 2016
“China has to discuss with Pakistan about the current situation on how to handle and how to come out it,” said Chinese scholar, Hu Shisheng, Director of the China Institutes of Contemporary International Relations affiliated to the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
Mr. Hu was speaking about threats of Pakistan’s isolation in the region and postponement of the SAARC summit after the Uri terror attack in which 19 Indian soldiers were killed.
To strengthen economic activities at the Gwadar port, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has recently unveiled five developmental projects for Gwadar.
These are Free Trade Zone, Business Complex of Gwadar Port Authority, Pak-China Government Primary School Faqir Colony, Sawar and Shadikor dams and Gwadar University.
Gwadar, the nerve centre of CPEC, is fast transforming into an international city. Gwadar has the potential to become a world class sea port and a place which is not only important for Pakistan, but also for the region and the world.
- How much does Ahmed Shah earn from Fahad Mustafa’s Jeeto Pakistan?08:41 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020