Accountability court resumes hearing into corruption reference against Ishaq Dar
Although Ishaq Dar arrived at the court for today's hearing in the morning, however, it was adjourned until 12 noon as his counsel Khawaja Haris did not show up in the court and sought some time.
As soon as Haris showed up in the court, the hearing was resumed with two employees of private bank Masood Ghani and Tariq Javed recording their statements in presence of finance minister.
Ishaq Dar is appearing for the fifth time in the reference that relates to his assets beyond means, filed in the backdrop of Panama papers case judgment.
Accountability court judge Muhammad Bashir would be hearing the reference and security in the premises of Judicial Complex has already been beefed up with the deployment of police and Frontier Constabulary.
During the last hearing on Thursday, two prosecution witnesses- Shahid Aziz and Tariq Javed- recorded their statements and submitted details of bank accounts linked to Dar.
Tariq Javed submitted the bank account details of Hajveri Modarba, owned by Dar. He also provided details of other bank accounts held by Dar’s family.
Tariq Javed informed the court one account was opened with Al Baraka bank in 1991, adding that he had provided all record, including details of Tabassum Ishaq Dar’s account to NAB Lahore on its request.
Ishaq Dar’s counsel Khawaja Haris raised questions regarding the validity of the documents, adding that anyone can prepare such documents.
In reply, NAB prosecutor said that the documents were authentic as these have been prepared following electronics transaction ordinance, adding that it was up to the court to accept or reject the papers.
The prosecutor said that the bank statement carries record from October 14, 2000.
Dar's counsel, Khawaja Haris informed the court that his client did not make any transaction since 2006, besides asking the court to add the Dar’s objection to the record.
- ‘Video’ of PSL 2022 anthem featuring Atif Aslam, Aima Baig leaked ...09:10 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- U19 World Cup: Pakistan win toss, opt to bat first against Afghanistan08:46 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer declared ‘physically and mentally ...08:20 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- ‘Bismillah’ – Sharmila Faruqui files cybercrime complaint ...06:49 PM | 20 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021