Gen Raheel Sharif calls on PM Nawaz in Islamabad
During the meeting, both leaders vowed to continue the war against terrorism in any case. They also expressed satisfaction over the security situation of the country.
On the occasion, the Prime Minister and the Chief of Army Staff General also discussed other matters pertaining to internal and regional security.
The meeting came as Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is set to leave for Azad Kashmir, where he will hold meetings and consultations with the leadership of AJK in connection with his upcoming US visit to attend the UN General Assembly annual session.
The premier was scheduled to chair a meeting of country's apex committee on Friday, however, the meeting was cancelled in the wake of his AJK visit.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is expected to raise the Kashmir issue and Indian atrocities in the occupied valley in his address to the UNGA next week.
- New oil, gas reserves discovered in Balochistan05:23 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- 'Property registration related services to be launched in all ...05:14 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Gladiators vs the Lankan Premiere League – Can Pakistan’s ...04:57 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Google Doodle pays tribute to Bano Qudsia on 92nd birthday11:29 AM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020