Shehbaz Sharif skips NAB appearance over coronavirus fear
LAHORE - Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) President Shehbaz Sharif will not appear before National Accountability Bureau (NAB) due to lockdown amid fears of Coronavirus.
NAB had summoned the PML-N in a money laundering case, asking him to submit details about assets held by him.
The anti-graft watchdog, according to local media, has asked the political bigwig to submit details of property inherited by him.
PML-N Deputy Secretary General Ata Ullah Tarar revealed this while talking to media. He added that the leader of the opposition in National Assembly would appear before the NAB after consulting his doctors once the coronavirus lockdown is over.
Tarar said that the PML-N leader had always cooperated with the anti-graft watchdog during the investigation.
He went on to say that the NAB remained failed to prove corruption against Shehbaz for two years, adding that neither any reference or evidence was being submitted in the court by the watchdog.
The anti-graft watchdog, according to local media, had asked the political bigwig to submit details of property inherited by him.
The NAB claimed that assets of Shehbaz's family rose to Rs549 billion from Rs23 million between 1998 to 2018, adding that the the PML-N president being a public office holder needs to explain the massive increase in his wealth.
Besides asking him to submit bank details along with loan borrowed from Barclays, it has also sought details of gifts received and given by the family, details about agriculture income and others.
Last year in December, NAB had ordered the freeze of 23 pieces of property owned by Shebaz and his family members over the allegations of holding assets beyoung means and committing money laundering.
The former Punjab chief minister was also accused of acquiring properties in the name of his wives Nusrat Shehbaz and Tehmina Durrani.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020