Election tribunal to announce NA-122 verdict on August 22
PTI Chairman Imran Khan had challenged the election of National Assembly Speaker Sardar Ayaz Sadiq Khan from the NA-122 constituency in the 2013 general elections. Imran had alleged that Sadiq had committed rigging and had stolen the mandate of the public.
At the last hearing, the election tribunal had directed Ayaz Sadiq's counsel to complete his arguments on the matter.
During the course of hearing of the petition today, lawyers from both parties concluded their arguments after which the tribunal reserved its ruling.
The tribunal will now announce the verdict on Saturday, August 22.
- Aima Baig pens heartfelt note on her father's birthday12:11 AM | 7 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022