Rangers revisits Nine Zero, four key leaders arrested
According to the Tv report, the personnel of paramilitary force entered the Nine-Zero office and Khusheed Begum Memorial Hall after surrounding the area in Karachi’s Azizabad neighbourhood, a stronghold of the Altaf Hussain-led MQM party.
Rangers raid on MQM head office in Karachi at Sehri of 29th of Ramzan Qamar Mansoor and others arrested
— Hamid Mir (@HamidMirGEO) July 16, 2015
Sources told Geo News that Azeem Farooqui and Sufian Yousuf were released after a brief interrogation. However, Qamar Mansoor and Rabita Committee’s newly appointed in-charge Kaiful Wara have been taken to an undisclosed location for further interrogation. Eight Rangers vehicle were used in the search operation. Confirming the arrest of Qamar Mansoor and Kaiful Wara, MQM’s central leader Wasay Jalil said that the raid was carried out without any search warrant. He said he was not aware of any other arrests made during the Rangers raid.
"Taqat Ko Khuda Ka Atiya Samjho" "Rangers Waloun" What u did on 29th Ramadan Night has exposed you more & ur hatred #StopVictimizingMQM
— Wasay Jalil (@WasayJalil) July 17, 2015
Condemning the raid, Jalil said that Rangers’ operation was only directed towards MQM and not against terrorists and criminals.
Meanwhile, workers and supporters of the MQM gathered in large numbers at the Nine-Zero soon after the Rangers had left the area. They were chanting slogans in favour of the party and its chief Altaf Hussain.
Rangrs says 3 ppl arsted frm 90 r facilitatrs of hate speech.like really? How mny hav been arsted so far fr religous or anyothr hate speech?
— shahzeb khanzada (@shahzebkhanzda) July 17, 2015
In a similar search operation, Rangers had arrested dozens of MQM workers among wanted suspects earlier this year.
Those apprehended tonight from 90, have been arranging and facilitating hate speeches against peace of Karachi.
— DG Rangers Sindh (@Bilalak80) July 16, 2015
Later, a spokesman for Rangers said in a statement that the arrested MQM leaders were facilitating hate speeches to disturb Karachi’s peace. Personnel of Rangers were being targeted in 'hate speeches', he added.
The spokesman said that Rangers personnel are playing their role in restoring peace in the port city.
- 'Dollars will rain on the ground from a helicopter...' Pakistani ...11:48 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate resolution condemns misleading Google, Wikipedia search ...11:21 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Senate passes resolution against circulation of fake currency notes ...11:09 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Winter Sports Festival concludes in Naltar; GB Scouts and PAF ...10:53 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021