Interior ministry opposes PPP’s plea seeking deportation of US blogger Cynthia
ISLAMABAD – The Ministry of Interior and Narcotics Control on Friday informed the Islamabad High Court (IHC) that American citizen and blogger Cynthia D. Ritchie could not be departed as she was not involved in anti state activities
The ministry during the hearing of plea filed by Peoples' Party (PPP) seeking to deport Cynthia said that the foreign national could stay in Pakistan till the August 31as her visa got expired afterword.
After this, the court summoned final arguments from both sides on next hearing of the case.
Chief Justice Islamabad High Court Athar Minallah conducted hearing on a petition filed by Pakistan Peoples' Party (PPP) seeking to deport Cynthia on expiry of her visa.
During the course of proceeding, the interior ministry submitted its report regarding the visa period of American citizen in compliance of court orders.
Additional Attorney General (AAG) Tariq Khokher pleaded that Cynthia's visa was going to expired on August 31, in accordance of interior ministry's report. He said that the American citizen couldn't be deported as she was not involved in anti state activities.
At this, the court sought final arguments in the petition on next Friday.
It may be mentioned here that the petition had claimed that Cynthia was staying in Pakistan even after expiry of her visa and prayed the court to issue orders to deport her. The conflict was started after American blogger Cynthia D. Ritchie gave controversial statements against PPP's top leadership through in her tweets.
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020