Pakistan welcomes designation of TTP leader on UNSC sanctions list
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan on Friday welcomed the designation of Noor Wali Mehsud, the leader of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan by the United Nations Security Council ‘s 1267 Sanctions Committee on its ISIL (Da’esh) and Al-Qaida Sanctions List.
“The sanctions are being implemented by Pakistan in compliance with the relevant UNSC resolutions, and we hope that other countries will also follow suit,” Foreign Office spokesperson said in a statement.
TTP is already an UN-designated terrorist organization and is responsible for numerous terrorist attacks inside Pakistan.
Pakistan has defeated TTP through comprehensive security operations in the country. However, TTP continues to operate from outside Pakistan’s borders with support from its third-country facilitators.
“Pakistan will continue to pursue its policy of fighting against those involved in participating, financing, planning, facilitating and perpetrating terrorism,” the spokesperson remarked.
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Pakistan's remittances rise to all-time high in April02:10 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ertugrul actress Burcu Kirtali beats the heat on a water slide11:09 AM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021