Pakistan woman held for ‘smuggling’ 15kg heroin at Dublin Airport
The intelligence-led operation was carried out by An Garda Síochána and officers from the Irish Revenue Customs Service on Friday, the ITV said in a report.
The haul was found hidden inside the luggage of a woman in her 50s. The woman, in her 50s, was met by a man in his 30s – also a non-Irish national - in the arrivals hall, the report added. She had traveled from Lahore, accompanied by the young child.
A Garda spokesperson said: “Following an examination of her luggage by customs, 15kgs of heroin with an estimated street value of €2.1m was seized.”
Both the man and woman were arrested on suspicion of drug trafficking. Both are currently being detained at Ballymun Garda Station.
- Another Indian soldier commits suicide in IIOJK’s Ramban03:33 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistan FM discusses peace process with Afghan counterpart02:48 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Referee judge to decide Shehbaz Sharif’s bail matter02:28 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Sarah Khan, Falak Shabir expecting their first child?09:16 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas releases his rendition of Qaseedah Burdah Shareef05:59 PM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021