Shaheen Al Jazeera 2019: Navies of Pakistan, Bahrain conclude maritime exercise in Arabian Sea
KARACHI – The bilateral exercise, Shaheen Al Jazeera-2019, between Pakistan Navy's Special Service Group and Royal Bahrain Defence Force’s Special Operation Force concluded on Sunday at the Arabian sea near Karachi.
Shaheen Al Jazeera is a series of bilateral SOF exercises which is conducted annually between Pakistan Navy (PN) and Royal Bahrain Defence Force. This exercise, being 13th in the series, continued for ten days, according to a spokesman of Pakistan Navy.
The aim of the exercise is to strengthen military relationships, improve coordination and interoperability and exchange of professional expertise in SOF domains.
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">10-day bilateral exercise “SHAHEEN AL JAZEERA -2019” between Pakistan Navy's Special Service Group & Royal Bahrain Defense Force’s Special Operation Force concluded in Karachi <a href="https://t.co/1va4oBReRt">https://t.co/1va4oBReRt</a> <a href="https://t.co/x6ugJDs6ve">pic.twitter.com/x6ugJDs6ve</a></p>— Radio Pakistan (@RadioPakistan) <a href="https://twitter.com/RadioPakistan/status/1196042479973392386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 17, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
The PN spokesman said personnel from both forces mutually benefitted from the exercise which included Maritime Interdiction Operations, SEAL Teams Insertion Techniques and Frogman Operations.
The exercise concluded with a remarkable coordinated Visit Board Search and Seizure operations, involving Pakistan Navy Ships, Sea-king helicopters, Special Forces’ Boats and combined SOF teams.
The closing event was conducted in Arabian Sea, off Karachi. It was witnessed by Commander Naval Special Force of Bahrain on board Pakistan Navy Ship who appreciated professional conduct of the exercise.
- HUAWEI Y9s breaks records with hot sales nationwide04:20 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Social media users condemn lawyers' attack at Punjab Institute of ...01:30 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Alia Bhatt, Ranbir Kapoor to tie the knot next year in Indian Kashmir?12:36 PM | 12 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019