Pakistan hangs rapist-killer of 7-year-old Zainab in Lahore
Magistrate Adil Sarwar and Zainab's father, Muhammad Amin, who reached the jail early morning, were present on the spot when the convict was hanged.
The body of the hardcore criminal was handed over to his brother who reached the jail along with two friends and an ambulance. They took the body of the killer to Kasur for burial.
After the execution of Ali, the father of the minor girl talking to the media reiterated that the convict should be hanged publicly, but regretted that authorities did not give permission for it. "This was a golden chance for Prime Minister Imran Khan to fulfil his pledge to turn Pakistan into the state of Madinah by implementing the Islamic laws".
Zainab murder case: LHC dismisses appeal for ... 01:49 PM | 16 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - Lahore High Court (LHC) dismissed on Tuesday an appeal of Amin Ansari, the father of six-year-old Zainab ...
He concluded that killer had met his fate today.
Late on Tuesday evening, jail authorities had arranged a last meeting of some 57 relatives with Imran Ali.
Imran Ali, a resident of Kasur, was involved in 12 incidents of rape and murder of minors, including Zainab’s, which he had confessed to during her murder investigation.
Seven-year-old Zainab was kidnapped from near her aunt’s house in Kasur on January 4 when she was going to tuition and her body, later, found on a garbage heap. The incident sparked outrage in Kasur as people took to streets and the situation turned into riots when the protesters and police faced off. Two people were killing during the riots.
On January 23, the authorities claimed to have nabbed Imran, a serial killer involved in other such crimes, through a DNA match.
Zainab murder case: ATC orders to execute convict ... 02:46 PM | 12 Oct, 2018
LAHORE - In a visible progress regarding the anti-child abuse drive, an anti-terrorism court on Friday issued death ...
On February 17, the anti-terrorism court (ATC) hearing the high-profile case sentenced Imran to death four times in the Zainab case.
As he was involved in other rape and murder cases, the court, as a whole, sentenced him death for 21 counts, three life sentences and a cumulative 23 years in jail.
Ali was found guilty under sections 364-A (kidnapping or abducting a person under the age of fourteen), 376 (3) (rape of minor), 302-B (punishment for qatl-i-amd) of the Pakistan Penal Code and section 7(a) (punishment for acts of terrorism) of the Anti-terrorism Act, 1997.
He was also fined Rs6 million (Rs2m per victim) and ordered to pay Rs3m (Rs1m per victim) as compensation to the victims’ families.
The serial killed had filed petitions with high court and Supreme Court for staying his executions but these were rejected. President of Pakistan had also refused his mercy appeal.
On Oct 6, Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar took a suo motu notice of the delay in implementation of Imran Ali’s sentence in the minor girl's case.
On Oct 12, the anti-terrorism court issued the black warrants for Imran Ali and scheduled his execution for October 17.
The black warrant for the convict was issued by Judge Sheikh Sajjad Ahmad, allowing the superintendent to carry out the execution of the convict.
- Arshad Sharif’s daughter pens heartfelt letter for her father ...08:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Pakistan secures €150 million financial assistance from ECO bank08:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Pindi jalsa: PTI leader roughs up reporter for pointing out low ...07:13 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Nine militants killed in Balochistan intelligence-based operation: ...06:54 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- LIVE: Imran Khan addresses PTI's 'Haqeeqi Azadi' march in Rawalpindi06:30 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Details about Atiqa Odho's Turkish drama serial 'Koyu Beyaz' revealed03:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Bollywood actor Vikram Gokhale passes away at 7703:14 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022