Pakistan's Dr Sania Nishtar conferred honorary degree by King's College London
LONDON - Dr Sania Nishtar, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister of Pakistan, has been awarded an honorary degree by King's College London.
According to a statement, “King’s College, London conferred the prestigious Doctor of Science Honoris Causa on Dr. Sania Nishtar on 16 October, 2019. Dr. Sania Nishtar is a King’s alumna, and already has a Ph.D. from King’s College.”
The ceremony was held at the historical University Chapel and was attended by a select gathering of academia, research scholars and administration of the College.
Nishtar, who received her degree in person in London, told media “she is deeply humbled,” reported Geo News.
According to the Rt. Hon Lord Geidt, Chairman of Kings College, London “honorary degrees are conferred by King’s on persons of conspicuous merit and the highest distinction.
Honorary Graduands have no formal duties as such, but may of course contribute to the life of the University by sharing experiences and expertise or engaging socially.”
Pakistan High Commissioner to the UK, Mohammad Nafees Zakaria congratulated Dr Nishtar on the prestigious award and said the conferment of the honorary degree by a leading university of the UK is an acknowledgement of her contributions to public health, social protection and poverty alleviation. He said: “The award is a matter of pride for all of us.”
King’s College is one of the UK’s leading universities with an international reputation in the humanities, law, health and sciences. It has a long tradition of excellence and a truly global perspective, dedicated to finding solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges and to developing its future leaders.
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s earns US $ 1176 mln from IT services’ export04:03 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020