Navjot Sidhu hugs COAS Qamar Bajwa, exchange pleasantries at Imran's swearing in
ISLAMABAD - Former Indian cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu hugged Pakistan's Chief of the Army Staff, General Qamar Javed Bajwa at the swearing-in ceremony of Imran Khan as the Prime Minister of the country.
The star comedian, who also serves as the Tourism and Cultural Affairs Ninister, stood up as soon as he came across Pakistan's military chief and had an interaction with him - for a noticeably longer time.
Sidhu and General Bajwa were seen exchanging pleasantries in a cordial manner which was noticed by the political commentators around.
Sidhu has arrived in Pakistan on an invitation extended by Imran Khan for the oath-taking ceremony. He is accompanied by Imran Khan's former class fellow, Vikram Mehta.
Earlier, talking to media, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf's Senator Faisal Javed, expressed that Sidhu was popular across Pakistan to the extent that he could contest any elections.
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019