Mufti Abdul Qavi arrested after cancellation of bail in Qandeel murder case
The law enforcers initially raided the residence and seminary run by the scholar but their efforts went fruitless, however, the scholar was nabbed as he was heading to Jhang city.
Earlier, Judge Chaudhry Ameer Muhammad Khan conducted the hearing of the case on Wednesday during which Mufti Abdul Qavi also showed up but he left the court premises before it was announced that his plea for bail was rejected.
The core reason behind the rejection appeared to be the request made by the police for completion of challan and additional investigation.
During today's hearing, main suspects in the case Waseem and Haq Nawaz were also produced before the court.
Entrusting the honourable court for justice, Qavi said that he had no connection with the murder.
"I will accept the decision, whatever it may be, by the court،" Mufti Qavi had vowed though he left the court premises before listening to the judgment regarding his bail application.
The non-bailable arrest warrants against Mufti Qavi were issued on Thursday on the request of investigation officer, Noor Akbar on the grounds that the cleric was not cooperating with the police.
Qandeel Baloch’s Murder
Qandeel Baloch became a social media star in Pakistan after her risque posts on social media garnered attention.
The celebrity, hailing from Multan, uploaded pictures alongside Mufti Abdul Qavi as she met him at a hotel.
Qavi was lampooned after the pictures stormed the internet but a few days later Qandeel Baloch was strangled to death by her brother for ‘honour’.
Mufti Qavi terms Qandeel Baloch, other ... 12:09 PM | 20 Jul, 2017
MULTAN - Mufti Abdul Qavi who waded through controversies ever since his pictures with social media star (late) ...
Mufti Abdul Qavi denied any sort of involvement in the murder, however, the cleric is under the radar of police ever since Baloch’s murder.
In July, the Multan-based scholar had alleged that a lawyer was dragging him into the case but claimed that “lawyers and the laws in Pakistan, all are with me.”
“My name is not in the FIR registered for Qandeel’s murder, but I will present myself to the police whenever they call me for more information,” he had said.
- Curtain falls on Pakistan’s flood response centre12:15 PM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Sialkot airport closed for two weeks for runway repairs11:15 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Nawaz Sharif set to return to Pakistan to lead PML-N’s election ...10:32 AM | 5 Dec, 2022
- Rahat Fateh Ali Khan reveals why he was arrested in India09:41 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Aima Baig drops teaser of latest cover of "Kahani Suno"08:24 PM | 4 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022