Mufti Abdul Qavi arrested after cancellation of bail in Qandeel murder case
The law enforcers initially raided the residence and seminary run by the scholar but their efforts went fruitless, however, the scholar was nabbed as he was heading to Jhang city.
Earlier, Judge Chaudhry Ameer Muhammad Khan conducted the hearing of the case on Wednesday during which Mufti Abdul Qavi also showed up but he left the court premises before it was announced that his plea for bail was rejected.
The core reason behind the rejection appeared to be the request made by the police for completion of challan and additional investigation.
During today's hearing, main suspects in the case Waseem and Haq Nawaz were also produced before the court.
Entrusting the honourable court for justice, Qavi said that he had no connection with the murder.
"I will accept the decision, whatever it may be, by the court،" Mufti Qavi had vowed though he left the court premises before listening to the judgment regarding his bail application.
The non-bailable arrest warrants against Mufti Qavi were issued on Thursday on the request of investigation officer, Noor Akbar on the grounds that the cleric was not cooperating with the police.
Qandeel Baloch’s Murder
Qandeel Baloch became a social media star in Pakistan after her risque posts on social media garnered attention.
The celebrity, hailing from Multan, uploaded pictures alongside Mufti Abdul Qavi as she met him at a hotel.
Qavi was lampooned after the pictures stormed the internet but a few days later Qandeel Baloch was strangled to death by her brother for ‘honour’.
Mufti Qavi terms Qandeel Baloch, other ... 12:09 PM | 20 Jul, 2017
MULTAN - Mufti Abdul Qavi who waded through controversies ever since his pictures with social media star (late) ...
Mufti Abdul Qavi denied any sort of involvement in the murder, however, the cleric is under the radar of police ever since Baloch’s murder.
In July, the Multan-based scholar had alleged that a lawyer was dragging him into the case but claimed that “lawyers and the laws in Pakistan, all are with me.”
“My name is not in the FIR registered for Qandeel’s murder, but I will present myself to the police whenever they call me for more information,” he had said.
- PM Imran hails CM Khalid’s plan to turn Gilgit-Baltistan into ...06:41 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stranded crew of seized PIA plane returns to Pakistan today06:09 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- PDM rallies to reach Islamabad by 1pm tomorrow, announces Fazlur ...05:33 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- ECP suspends 154 MPs including Fawad Chaudhry for not filing assets ...05:13 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Samsung sets new standard for flagship mobile processors with Exynos ...04:56 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Pakistani actor Huma Nawab loses Rs0.2 million to online scammers04:10 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Saboor Aly sheds light on the beauty standards of entertainment ...02:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Kim Kardashian hits 200 million followers mark on Instagram01:28 PM | 18 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021