PTI govt to unveil 'mini-budget' today with new taxes
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf-led federal government is set to present a "mini-budget" during a National Assembly session today.
The federal cabinet, in a meeting, has approved amendments to the finance act. The government has planned to impose new taxes, including super tax, in the budget to generate around Rs158 billion for the country.
The government would propose a decrease of Rs450 billion in the wake of the development budget, local media reported.
Budget 2018-19: PML-N unveils Rs5.932 trillion ... 05:31 PM | 27 Apr, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The ruling Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) became the country’s first political party to announce ...
The budget deficit which stands at 6.6 percent would be decreased to 5% by cutting expenditures and development funds in the mini-budget.
A recommendation to bring down the income tax exemption slab from Rs1.2 million to 0.8 million is likely to be proposed in the budget.
Further, the tax exemption slab for other incomes would also be changed to raise the tax collection.
- Protests against Modi govt spread across India against discriminatory ...11:55 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PIC’s emergency ward reopened, while OPD, indoor services remain ...11:09 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan urges all Muslim countries devise joint strategy to stop ...10:39 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019