Public welfare issues: Top court summons CM Khattak
A three-member bench, headed by Chief Justice Mian Saqib Nisar and comprising Justice Mansoor Ali Shah and Justice Umar Ata Bandial, is hearing cases related to safe drinking water, disposal of hospital waste, educational institutes, private medical colleges at apex court's Peshawar registry.
As the hearing underway, the top judge ordered the chief minister to appear before the court at any time today.
The CJP also remarked that he has heard a lot about the good governance by the government of PTI in the province and today he has come here to see it.
The bench also inquired into the supply of clean drinking water to the public, besides summoning report on the disposal of hospital waste.
Earlier this year, the top court summoned Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif ordering him to explain his government’s position regarding the provision of clean drinking water to people and disposal of the large quantity of untreated wastewater.
The chief justice has also held similar hearings in Sindh and Balochistan and summoned provincial chief executives for explanation.
- In first step to control price hike, new Pakistani finance minister ...07:35 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- ‘Ingenuity’ – NASA Mars helicopter makes first historic flight ...06:50 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Mobilink Microfinance Bank launches School Loan to financially ...06:29 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Justin Bieber all set for a cameo in Friends: The Reunion Special05:31 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021