Complete Orange Line Metro Train project till May 20, SC directs construction companies
A division bench of the apex court, comprising Justice Gulzar Ahmed and Justice Ijaz Ul Ahsan, heard the case.
During the course of proceedings, Justice Gulzar Ahmed also directed the all three construction companies to submit Rs 10 million guarantee each and remarked that the guarantee amount would be forfeited if the project is not finished by May 20.
He hoped this project would be successful and would not come crashing down.
Justice Gulzar expressed concern over current project director Fazal Haleem and observed due to him the work has been delayed.
He directed that Justice (Retd) Jamshed or Justice Abdul Sattar Asghar be made the head of the technical committee. He remarked that the Punjab government should consider if the current technical committee head Justice (retd) Zahid Hussain wanted to continue work.
He remarked that if the contractors do not work, fire them or put them in prison. The project director is apparently being blackmailed by the construction companies, he added.
CM Shehbaz kicks off second trial run of Lahore's ... 05:05 PM | 16 May, 2018
LAHORE – Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday inaugurated the second test run of Lahore’s Orange ...
Justice Gulzar remarked that all three construction companies will give a guarantee of Rs1 billionand it will be confiscated if work is not completed by the scheduled date.
Advocate Naeem Bukhari, counsel for the construction companies, said that his clients could not give guarantee of Rs one billion. He said that his clients have already given Rs two billionguarantee.
He said that his clients' dues worth Rs 1.5 billion were pending.
Justice Ijaz Ul Ahsan remarked that it is a public interest project and huge funds have been used for metro train project.
Justice Gulzar asked if there is any mechanism to check the quality of construction of the project.
The Project Director said that their consultants were supervising the construction work of Orange Line Metro Train project.
The hearing was then adjourned for two weeks.
- PDM workers storm Multan stadium ahead of Nov 30 rally11:49 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- OIC adopts Pakistan-sponsored resolution against Islamophobia11:36 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Mike Tyson returns to ring (Face-off VIDEO)11:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- #JusticeForKainat: AJK student found dead in Islamabad11:09 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- CokeStudio 2020 lineup revealed06:10 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Zindagi Tamasha – Pakistan's first Oscar submission04:22 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Maryam Nafees tests positive for coronavirus12:01 PM | 28 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020