Pakistan registers FIR in Pathankot attack case
The FIR has been registered against unidentified terrorists in Gujranwala Counter Terrorism Police Station under the sections 302, 309 and 301 of Pakistan Penal Code and section 7 of Anti-terrorism Act.
The interior ministry deputy secretary Aitzaz-uddin is main complainant of the FIR, which also states the phone numbers provided by Indian intelligence agencies.
Meanwhile the police officials have said that nobody has formally been arrested in the case. The investigation team will now look into the case and if body arrested would be produced in court for trial, the police said.
A group of terrorists attacked Indian airbase in Pathankot and killed several military officials. All of the attackers were killed during cleanup operation.
Indian officials blamed that attackers had come from Pakistan and were in contact with the planners in Pakistan during the attack on airbase.
A top level investigation team comprising of Intelligence Bureau officials has been investigating the matter in Pakistan, after India exchanged few leads about involvement of Pakistanis in the attack. The team is also expected to visit India.
Pakistan has also taken several members of Jaish-e-Mohammad including Moulana Masood Azhar, who according to India planned the attack, into protective custody and registration of FIR indicates that Islamabad plans to formally arrest these people.
- Japan pledges nearly $39 million in assistance for Pakistan’s flood ...11:18 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Bangladesh stun India to clinch ODI series10:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Afghan Taliban publicly execute man for the first time since ...10:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Fire guts scores of stalls in Islamabad’s Sunday market09:44 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- PM's son Suleman Shehbaz set to return home after four years in ...09:26 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Newlyweds Azlan Shah and Warisha Khan share their beautiful love story09:00 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- ‘The Legend of Maula Jatt’ becomes Google’s most searched movie ...06:38 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Hira Mani slays fashion goals with friends in latest video07:57 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Top 10 most searched people on Google in Pakistan in 202206:07 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Pakistan's first female Supreme Court judge earns place in BBC '100 ...01:24 PM | 7 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022