Resolution for restoration of Friday as holiday tabled in NA
The resolution urged the government to restore the weekly holiday of Friday instead of Sunday as all Muslim countries observe this day as weekly public holiday.
Meanwhile, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said that weekly off day is neither a religious matter nor it has been mentioned in the Holy Quran.
The resolution was supported by JUI-F members but other members were seen divided on the matter.
Opposition Leader Khurhid Shah recommended forwarding the matter to the concerned committee.
In February 1997, the then Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif, declared Sunday, instead of Friday as weekly holiday.
- Biden approves $976m for Afghan refugees in US06:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- CricWick, Daraz partners to provide In-App Fantasy League for T20 ...04:07 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Noor Mukadam case: Zahir Jaffer’s father withdraws petition against ...04:00 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Celebrities set the dance floor ablaze at Usman Mukhtar and Zunaira ...03:32 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Ertugrul star Burcu Kiratli’s new bold video goes viral01:40 PM | 22 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021