Resolution for restoration of Friday as holiday tabled in NA
The resolution urged the government to restore the weekly holiday of Friday instead of Sunday as all Muslim countries observe this day as weekly public holiday.
Meanwhile, Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said that weekly off day is neither a religious matter nor it has been mentioned in the Holy Quran.
The resolution was supported by JUI-F members but other members were seen divided on the matter.
Opposition Leader Khurhid Shah recommended forwarding the matter to the concerned committee.
In February 1997, the then Prime Minister of Pakistan, Nawaz Sharif, declared Sunday, instead of Friday as weekly holiday.
- Pakistan to introduce Asia's first ever e-passport service next year11:58 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Olaf Scholz takes over as German chancellor11:40 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Aurangabad 'honour killing': Indian teen arrested for beheading ...11:19 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Indian lover crashes ex-girlfriend's wedding ceremony in viral video11:03 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani stars condemn Faisalabad incident08:42 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Pakistani filmmaker Samar Khan's 'Out Swing' wins at Sport Film ...05:30 PM | 8 Dec, 2021
- Kareena Kapoor and Aryan Khan among most searched celebrities in India03:00 PM | 8 Dec, 2021