Adiala Jail official replaced for hugging Nawaz Sharif
RAWALPINDI - Adiala Jail administration has transferred an official for hugging incarcerated former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, local media reported.
The head warden, whose name has not be disclosed, was deployed at the barrack of the former premier and he was reportedly a fan of Nawaz.
As there is not allowed to walk into the barrack, the official went inside the cell and hugged Nawaz subsequently receiving a pat on his shoulder from him.
The whole scene was noticed by the monitoring team from security cameras fixed in jail and the matter was brought into the notice of IG Prison.
The IG after watching the video himself warned the warden and ordered to replace him.
Earlier, reports emerged that Nawaz Sharif’s movement has been limited to his barrack by the Adiala jail authorities after inmates started raising slogans against him when he comes out for a walk in the courtyard.
Sharif will now also not be allowed to offer prayers in the mosque, an English daily reported on Thursday.
The former prime minister and his daughter Maryam Nawaz, who are currently serving their terms in the jail following the Avenfiled verdict, are likely to be shifted to police rest house in Sihala, sources said.
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Kanye West donates $2 million, establishes college fund for George ...08:24 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020