PM Nawaz meets New Zealand premier John Key on sidelines of UNGA session
While expressing satisfaction on the state of bilateral relations, both the leaders exchanged views on matters of bilateral, regional and global concern.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif highlighted the potential for enhancement of bilateral trade and investment in the backdrop of improved security situation in the country, investors friendly policies of the present government and immense potential for foreign investors in variety of fields in Pakistan.
The Prime Minister particularly highlighted investment potential in the fields of agriculture, dairy and livestock. Pakistan can benefit from New Zealand’s expertise in dairy farming and halal meat export, the Prime Minister said.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif appreciated the Government of New Zealand for providing scholarships to Pakistani students in higher education and expressed hope that further extension in the number of existing scholarships being offered to Pakistan will continue.
The Prime Minister also discussed the possibility of opening a resident diplomatic mission of New Zealand in Islamabad at the earliest in order to further boost bilateral ties.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif expressed deep appreciation for New Zealand’s principled position on inclusion of new members in the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG). The Prime Minister highlighted Pakistan’s strong credentials in non-proliferation as well as nuclear safety and security which make it an ideal candidate to be considered for NSG membership.
Both the leaders also discussed possibilities of supporting each other’s candidatures at multilateral fora.
- PSL 6, Match 11, Lahore Qalandars vs Karachi Kings – Live Score and ...06:00 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Osman Khalid Butt takes to social media after 'wedding' pics with ...05:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain same in March as PM Imran turns down Ogra ...04:40 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Dananeer Mobeen reacts to Ranveer Singh’s take on #PawriHoraiHai ...04:08 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Lady Gaga's French dogs returned unharmed06:52 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Bilal Saeed's 'Baari' crosses 100 million views milestone on Youtube08:56 PM | 27 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021