PM Nawaz meets New Zealand premier John Key on sidelines of UNGA session
NEW YORK - Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif met Prime Minister John Key of New Zealand on the sidelines of the 71st UN General Assembly session in New York, earlier today.
While expressing satisfaction on the state of bilateral relations, both the leaders exchanged views on matters of bilateral, regional and global concern.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif highlighted the potential for enhancement of bilateral trade and investment in the backdrop of improved security situation in the country, investors friendly policies of the present government and immense potential for foreign investors in variety of fields in Pakistan.
The Prime Minister particularly highlighted investment potential in the fields of agriculture, dairy and livestock. Pakistan can benefit from New Zealand’s expertise in dairy farming and halal meat export, the Prime Minister said.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif appreciated the Government of New Zealand for providing scholarships to Pakistani students in higher education and expressed hope that further extension in the number of existing scholarships being offered to Pakistan will continue.
The Prime Minister also discussed the possibility of opening a resident diplomatic mission of New Zealand in Islamabad at the earliest in order to further boost bilateral ties.
Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif expressed deep appreciation for New Zealand’s principled position on inclusion of new members in the Nuclear Suppliers Group (NSG). The Prime Minister highlighted Pakistan’s strong credentials in non-proliferation as well as nuclear safety and security which make it an ideal candidate to be considered for NSG membership.
Both the leaders also discussed possibilities of supporting each other’s candidatures at multilateral fora.
- Bismah excited to lead Pakistan in ICC Women’s T20 WC03:50 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- UBG congratulates Anjum Nisar for becoming president of FPCCI03:44 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- Mahira Khan asks Shireen Mazari for an update on the Zainab bill02:39 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- HUM Style Awards 2020 nominations are out02:11 PM | 22 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019