Pakistan on road to rapid progress with positive economic indicators, says PM Nawaz
The premier said this after attending the prestigious World Economic Forum landed in London where he had a brief interaction with newsmen.
He maintained that his Davos visit was very successful where he met multiple business and world leaders. He said they all were appreciative of Pakistan’s liberal economic policy and business-friendly environment.
The Prime Minister said during his stay in Switzerland he highlighted Pakistan’s economic strength in an effective manner and presented the country as a secure investment destination.
Highlighting his government’s achievements, he said Pakistan’s stock market had achieved first position in Asia while it had become 5th in the world, adding Pakistan hoped to cross five percent GDP growth in the coming fiscal year as the government was focusing on all crucial sectors of the economy.
Sharif said $55 billion were being invested in the country under the China Pakistan Economic Corridor, adding that this corridor project would not only benefit Pakistan but it was a game-changer for the entire region.
In response to a question, the Prime Minister said negative politics and creating hurdles in the way of development was not in the interest of Pakistan.
“We all, particularly the politicians should be united to make the country strong and prosperous,” he added.
The Prime Minister said there was a significant decrease in loadshedding and terrorism in the country.
To a question regarding Panama Leaks scandal, the Prime Minister said the matter was in the Supreme Court and any comment on it was inappropriate.
The Premier also condemned attack on PML-N UK President Zubair Gul and said Gul was an asset, who toiled hard for the party.
"The law would take its course in this regard," he asserted.
- UAE extends deadline of $2bn loan repayment for Pakistan12:13 PM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani origin young innovator named in Forbes' 30 Under 30 list11:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Teenage boy 'gang-raped', filmed by six in Punjab’s Pakpattan11:14 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Over 100 clerics of banned TLP placed on fourth schedule10:45 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-April-20-Updated ...09:56 AM | 20 Apr, 2021
- Amir Liaquat's Nagin dance video goes viral06:19 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Alia Bhatt comments on Pakistani rapper-comedian's latest video05:57 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Ali Azmat tests positive for COVID-1904:15 PM | 19 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021