Top judge orders to remove barriers outside Hamza Shehbaz’s Lahore residence
The CJP was hearing a suo motu notice on the blocking of roads for security purposes at the Supreme Court’s Lahore Registry, when he reprimanded Punjab Chief Secretary Zahid Saeed why not the barriers near Hamza’s residence were removed.
CJP Nisar asked the chief secretary to explain as to who posed threat to the PML-N lawmaker, prompting him to install security barriers outside his residence in a zigzag manner.
“Who’s Hamza. I don’t know any Hamza,” Chief Justice Nisar remarked.
In response, the chief secretary said, “Hamza is an MNA and the chief minister’s son.”
“Hamza can appear before the court to apprise about the threats to his life and if there are genuine threats then he can shift his residence,” the chief justice remarked. “Why cannot these people reside where there is no life threat,” he continued.
“I am the chief justice, yet there are no blockades outside my house,” Justice Nisar said.
The chief secretary assured the court of removing the blockades, the Pakistan Today reported.
Chief Justice Nisar informed the official that he will visit the place in a private vehicle to look into the implementation of the court’s order.
- PM Imran reiterates to bring powerful under the ambit of law12:54 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Videos of alleged buying, selling of votes leak ahead of Lahore’s ...12:33 PM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Section 144 imposed around Karachi's Nasla Tower amid protests ...11:52 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- President Alvi, Tajik counterpart agree to further strengthen ...11:27 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Punjab students to get Rs3,000 monthly stipend under Waseela Taleem ...10:53 AM | 28 Nov, 2021
- Abrar Ul Haq comes under fire for sharing video of young girl making ...07:32 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Shoaib Malik and Sania Mirza launch their customised fragrance07:00 PM | 27 Nov, 2021
- Malala Yousafzai’s family celebrates her Oxford graduation04:30 PM | 27 Nov, 2021