Massive brawl in KP assembly divides members along family lines, rather than party affiliation
PTI MPA Babar Saleem entered into a scuffle with his party's senior minister Shahram Khan Tarakai. The fight broke out after the MPA carried a motion regarding the Department of Information Technology (IT), which Tarakai found intrusive.
The senior minister was then reported to get up from his seat and make an aggressive beeline towards Saleem and Provincial Minister Atif Khan. He ended up thrashing both legislators badly.
Other members of the assembly then interceded and dispersed both the brawling members. The speaker adjourned the assembly session till Wednesday.
The brawling lawmakers both belong to the district of Swabi.
- Russian President Putin felicitates Pakistan on Diamond Jubilee ...06:44 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Saudi Arabia allows all types of visitors to perform Umrah05:52 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- PM Shehbaz inaugurates Islamabad’s Rawal Dam flyover05:29 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Aima Baig's new bold photos receive severe backlash02:53 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Shahzeb Khanzada's new shirtless photo goes viral03:37 PM | 14 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022