Pakistan records strong protests with Indian over LoC ceasefire violations
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan’s Foreign Office summoned Indian Charge d’Affaires Gaurav Ahluwalia to register Pakistan’s strong protest over the ceasefire violations by the Indian occupation forces along the Line of Control (LoC).
The FO in a statement said that the violation in Hajipir and Bedori sectors on Saturday resulted in martyrdom of a 13-year-old girl, Iqra Shabbir.
During the firing, 32-year-old Zahida Bano and Saddam Rafique, 12, sustained serious injuries, all are residents of Mensar village.
The Indian occupation forces along the LoC and the Working Boundary (WB) have been continuously targeting civilian populated areas with artillery fire, heavy-caliber mortars and automatic weapons. This year, India has committed 1440 ceasefire violations to date, resulting in 13 shahadats and serious injuries to 104 innocent civilians.
Condemning the targeting of innocent civilians by the Indian occupation forces, the DG (SA & SAARC) underscored that such senseless acts, in clear violation of the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding and complete disregard for international human rights and international norms, further vitiate the tense atmosphere.
He added that by raising tensions along the LoC and the WB, India cannot divert attention from the worsening human rights situation in the Indian Occupied Jammu and Kashmir (IOJ&K). The Indian government must realize that its irresponsible policies and unilateral actions are increasingly imperiling peace and security in the region. India must act responsibly in the interest of regional peace and security.
The DG (SA & SAARC) called upon the Indian side to respect the 2003 Ceasefire Understanding; investigate this and other such incidents of deliberate ceasefire violations and maintain peace along the LoC and the WB.
He also urged that Indian side should permit the United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to play its mandated role as per the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) Resolutions.
- Imran Khan arrives at Nur Khan air base in a private plane for ...03:02 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- SBP governor confident of $1bn Sukuk repayment before due date02:44 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- vivo Y35 launched in Pakistan — price, specification, camera02:19 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Sania Mirza rubs shoulder with husband Shoaib Malik amid divorce ...01:09 PM | 26 Nov, 2022
- Humaima Malick pays special tribute to Anjuman Shaheen at LUX Style ...10:05 PM | 25 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022
- Shehbaz Sharif, Imran Khan, Gen Bajwa named among world’s 500 most ...10:36 PM | 1 Nov, 2022
- India falls behind Pakistan, Myanmar in Global Hunger Index02:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2022