PM Imran, Emir of Qatar discuss ways to strengthen economic and trade relations
Later, two sides had delegation level talks which were led by Prime Minister Imran Khan and Emir of Qatar Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani.
وزیر اعظم پاکستان عمران خان دیوان امیری پہنچ گئے، دیوان امیری پہنچنے پر امیرقطر عزت مآب شیخ تمیم بن حماد الثانی نے ان کا پر تپاک استقبال کیا، دیوان امیری دوحہ میں وزیر اعظم پاکستان عمران خان کے اعزاز میں استقبالیہ تقریب کا انعقاد#PMIKVisitsQatar 🇵🇰🇶🇦 pic.twitter.com/n3RNU3AhTm— PTI (@PTIofficial) January 22, 2019
During the delegation level meeting all issues of bilateral nature were discussed especially the strengthened economic and trade relations between the two countries.
Emir of Qatar also hosted a lunch for the Prime Minister and the members of his delegation.
وزیر اعظم پاکستان عمران خان کی دیوان امیری میں امیر قطر عزت مآب شیخ تمیم بن حماد الثانی سے ملاقات. pic.twitter.com/uby3fBsEl0— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) January 22, 2019
Earlier, a formal welcoming ceremony in the honor of Prime Minister Imran Khan was held at Amiri Diwan in Doha on Tuesday.
Amir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani received the Prime Minister on reaching Amiri Diwan.
Official welcome ceremony in honour of Prime Minister Imran Khan at Diwan-e-Amiri in #Doha today.— Prime Minister's Office, Pakistan (@PakPMO) January 22, 2019
Emir of Qatar H.H. Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani received the Prime Minister and he was also given guard of honor.
A red carpet was rolled out to welcome the premier at the Amiri Diwan where a formal ceremony was held in his honour. The PM was presented with a Guard of Honor by a smartly turned out contingent of Qatari armed forces.
National anthems of both the countries were played at the occasion.
Prime Minister Imran Khan also held meeting with his Qatari counterpart Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa Al Thani in Doha.
Bilateral relations, with a focus on economic cooperation between the two countries, were discussed during the meeting.
The Qatari PM also hosted a dinner in honour of Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Besides meetings with Qatari leadership, the Prime Minister will also meet business and investment community of Qatar .
He will also address Pakistani community during his visit to Qatar .
Doha has promised 100,000 jobs for Pakistani workers.
Qatari foreign minister in a meeting with Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly last year had offered 100,000 jobs for skilled and semi-skilled workers from Pakistan .
PM Imran has also previously called for increased trade between the two countries.
The trade between the two countries had increased by 104 per cent to about $1.6 billion in 2017 from $782 million in 2016.
Reports in local media suggest PM Imran is likely to ask Qatar authorities to provide Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) worth $4 billion on deferred payment and reduced price to support balance of payment.
Pakistan’s annual import bills of LNG is around $4 billion.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019