Shahid Khaqan Abbasi challenges dismissal of candidacy from NA-53
ISLAMABAD - Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, the former prime minister has challenged the rejection of his nomination papers from NA-53 constituency on Friday.
Abbasi’s nomination papers had been dismissed by the returning officer (RO) on Tuesday as he failed to mention the development work he undertook in his previous constituency and did not fill the affidavit in line with the directives of the apex court.
The RO had also dismissed the nomination papers of top political guns from the constituency including of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan, Ayesha Gulalai and Sardar Mehtab Abbasi.
Tahir Mahmood Abbasi filed the former premier’s appeal in the election tribunal pleading for dismissal of the RO's decision.
Additionally, the election tribunal in Islamabad will also resume hearing Imran's appeal against the dismissal of his nomination papers today. A day earlier, the Islamabad High Court had summoned the RO who rejected Imran Khan's nomination papers.
IHC summons RO over rejection of Imran's ... 10:58 AM | 21 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The returning oficer who rejected the nomination papers of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) Chairman Imran ...
As per the Election Commission of Pakistan schedule, today is the last day to file appeals against decisions of the ROs.
The electoral body has formed six appellate tribunals in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, eight in Punjab, four in Sindh, two in Balochistan and one in Islamabad to hear the appeals.
The election tribunals have until June 27 to decide on the appeals after which the revised list of the candidates will be shared on June 28; publication of the final list of contesting candidates will be June 30.
- Pakistan surpasses 54,000 cases of coronavirus – 1,133 confirmed ...11:05 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Muhammad Zubair — one of two plane crash survivors — discharged ...10:56 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Turkish President expresses condolence over Karachi plane crash09:48 PM | 24 May, 2020
- BJP leader expelled after he was filmed jumping off balcony of ...08:59 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Pakistan calls for imposition of economic, military sanctions on India07:41 PM | 24 May, 2020
- Zara Abid presumed dead, not amongst the survivors of PIA plane crash05:13 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Netflix announces Élite season 4 with returning cast members04:07 PM | 23 May, 2020
- Alizeh Shah, Nida & Yasir Nawaz allegedly test positive for ...02:38 PM | 23 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020