Parliamentarians visit Nestlé-Pakistan’s BISP Rural Sales Program in Punjab
The parliamentarians - MNAs Kanwal Shauzab and Zill-e-Huma - visited Pindi Bhattian where approximately 70 BISP beneficiaries have become Nestlé’s Rural Sales Agents. These beneficiaries have collectively contributed to sales of approximately PKR 8 million in the Pindi Bhattian region.
The lawmakers visited the Rural Sales Shops being run solely by BISP beneficiaries in Pindi Bhattian. These women are involved in direct selling of Nestlé’s products after receiving a rigorous sales training.
Another important aspect of this program is the Nestlé – BISP Rural Sales Program which focuses on graduating BISP beneficiaries out-of-poverty. The program is based on ‘Public Private Partnership (PPP)’ which focuses on creating sustainable solutions for addressing some of the key issues being faced by rural women in Pakistan such as malnutrition, financial exclusion and lack of livelihood opportunities.
This transformative collaboration has enabled BISP beneficiaries to earn a dignified livelihood for themselves and their families. To date more than 400 BISP beneficiaries have been enrolled as Rural Sales Agents across 12 districts of Punjab and Sindh. In addition to a rigorous sales training, woman also participate in nutrition awareness sessions, especially tailored for rural women that have helped them make healthier lifestyle choices for themselves and their families.
Kanwal Shauzab, MNA and Parliamentary Secretary, Ministry of Planning, said: “Prime Minister Imran Khan's first priority is to eliminate poverty from Pakistan and to enhance education, nutrition, health and well-being of children and women. We have taken care of all these factors in our 12th Five Year Plan. Our aim should be to empower women and provide them facilities through which they become self-sufficient. If today's women are empowered then it will have a direct impact on generations to come.”
Emphasizing the importance of women empowerment, MNA Zill-e-Huma added: “This occasion has given me a lot of hope and encouragement for women’s stature in the economy. It is the first step towards empowerment for these women and I am positive that it will lead to betterment of their future. It is indeed a blessing to become economically self-reliant due to which they are able to earn their livelihood respectfully.”
Highlighting the importance of this collaboration, Waqar Ahmad, Head of Corporate Affairs, Nestlé Pakistan , said: “We value our partnership with the Government of Pakistan and BISP , this partnership is extremely relevant, given our commitment to the UN SDGs 1 and 5: No Poverty and Gender Equality. Our joint focus is on reducing poverty and promoting economic growth. Nestlé is also committed to providing greater access to fortified products to our rural society. Our products contain Iron, Zinc, Vitamin A and D amongst other vital micronutrients. Through this initiative, we hope to empower our rural women by providing them livelihood opportunities, along with improving their nutrition status and the quality of life for them and their families.”
Nestlé is the world’s largest food and beverage company. It is present in 191 countries around the world, and its 328,000 employees are committed to Nestlé’s purpose of enhancing quality of life and contributing to a healthier future. Nestlé offers a wide portfolio of products and services for people and their pets throughout their lives.
- Female polio vaccinator killed in Swabi firing incident06:32 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan rejects Indian PM Modi's war-mongering remarks06:10 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Malaysia in talks with Pakistan to import security guards04:39 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Of the Sellers of Gender Stereotypes04:09 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- TDAP participating in Argentina textile fair in April03:42 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Priyanka Chopra in final talks to join The Matrix 403:19 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Humayun Saeed thanks fans for showering love on MPTH's team02:49 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- Shah Rukh Khan's Pakistani cousin passes away in Peshawar02:15 PM | 29 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019