IHC reserves decision over Imran Khan's disqualification reference
Chief Justice Anwar Khan Kasi resumed hearing of the case filed by Imran Khan through his counsel Baber Awan.
During the course of proceedings, Deputy Attorney General (DAG), Fasi ur Rehman Niazi appeared before the court and argued that delaying tactics were being adopted to avoid ECP decision in reference, which was expected against the PTI chief.
The deputy attorney general appealed the court to allow the ECP to precede the reference against PTI chief.
Babar Awan counsel for the Khan had pleaded in the petition that the reference filed against now became time barred as 90 days have passed with regard to reference being pending before the ECP. He said the ECP was bound to decide any reference within 90 days.
After hearing the arguments from both sides, the court reserved its verdict in the case.
The reference had been filed by Muhammad Talal Chaudhry and six other MNAs seeking disqualification of Imran Khan as MNA under Clause 2 of Article 63 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, 1973.
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Petroleum prices to remain unchanged as PM Imran rejects OGRA's ...09:38 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartfelt note about ‘soulmate’06:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021