NAB to file supplementary reference against Ishaq Dar on Monday
NAB deputy prosecutor during the hearing of the case at an accountability court informed the judge that a supplementary reference would be submitted to the court by Monday.
Dar, a close aide of Pakistan Muslim League-N former president Nawaz Sharif, is facing charges of possessing assets disproportionate to known sources of income. A reference against him was filed by the NAB in light of the Panamagate verdict announced by the Supreme Court on July 28, 32017.
Media reports suggest that ten new witnesses have been included in supplementary reference, which has been prepared by NAB Lahore.
Today, the court recorded the statement of the last prosecution witness, Inamul Haq, in the main case. Haq, who was project director of the Cooperative Housing Society, appeared before the court after summoned by court several times.
The witness presented the record of properties purchased by Dar and his family. After his statement, the court adjourned the hearing till Feb 26 (Monday).
Eligible for Senate Election
An appellate tribunal of the Lahore High Court on Saturday declared former finance minister eligible to take part in upcoming Senate elections.
Dar had filed nomination papers for a technocrat seat in the Senate after getting a ticket from the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N). However, the nomination papers were rejected by the returning officer, stating that Dar was not ‘honest’ and ‘truthful’ as per the Constitution.
On Thursday the embattled former minister challenged the rejection of his Senate election nomination at the appellate tribunal.
Subsequently, the tribunal has declared the decision of the ECP officer null and void.
- FATF says Pakistan to remain on grey list till Feb 202107:39 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- ‘President grossly failed to exercise his discretion,’ remarks SC ...07:04 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 6-year old raped, set on fire in India’s Punjab06:03 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- US suspends visa services in Turkey over reports of potential terror ...05:58 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Police arrested man posturing as fake Pakistan Army Captain04:47 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- IN PICTURES: 5 of the most expensive Pakistani weddings of all times03:33 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- 5 fall wardrobe essentials every woman needs02:00 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Unfinished: Priyanka Chopra completes her memoir11:22 AM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Turkish Airlines fined for violating SOPs in Pakistan02:42 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PDM rally venue changed in Quetta over security threats02:05 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- Five killed as bus catches fire near Khuzdar12:07 PM | 23 Oct, 2020
- PML-N leader’s secret meeting upsets Nawaz11:45 AM | 23 Oct, 2020