VIDEO: Cricketer Umar Akmal scuffles with stage drama crew in Faisalabad
The batsman, who is playing from Balochistan side in Pakistan Cup, arrived at a theater to watch stage drama during which, he suddenly manhandled with local administration.
The controversial cricketer, who was last caught in Hyderabad attending a dance party, was filmed watching a drama “Kurian ballay bally” at a theatre in Faisalabad, where Pakistan Cup is being played, the Samaa TV reported.
Four other cricketers Bilawal Bhatti, Shahid Yousaf, Muhammad Nawaz and Awais Zia were also there to watch the stage drama.
The cricketers left the theatre immediately after being identified by people.
Akmal, however, denies he visited the theatre.
Taking notice of the incident, Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) said it has launched an inquiry into the matter and has also asked for CCTV footage of the incident as evidence.
Umar Akmal was recently dropped from national cricket team due to his continuous trampling of Pakistan Cricket Board’s (PCB) designated rules and regulations.
He had also shown disregard to former head coach Waqar Younis’s warning on using social media during practice sessions and games.
The right-handed batsman was also criticized over ‘immoral acts’ at a dance party in Hyderabad after which PCB slapped him with a show-cause notice.
In the past, Umar Akmal was charged for allegedly assaulting a traffic warden following a heated argument in Lahore. The player not only violated traffic signal but also threatened the traffic warden.
Reacting on this development, Umar Akmal Monday admitted that he visited a theatre, saying there is nothing wrong in watching a stage drama.
Talking to media, Akmal denied violation of any Pakistan Cricket Board’s code of conduct. “If I have violated any rule, the board and the government can punish me.”
Akmal asked the media to refrain from interfering into his personal and family life.
- PTA slaps Jazz with Rs30 million fine over poor network quality11:52 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- One dead, several injured as police baton-charge MQM-P protesters in ...11:23 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Indian-origin Google CEO booked over unauthorised uploading of ...10:51 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- ‘SDG Investment Report 2021’ – FM Qureshi unveils Pakistan’s ...10:21 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Gold price jumps Rs500 per tola in Pakistan09:40 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Rihanna donates $15 million to climate justice04:22 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Atif Aslam praises wife Sara's 'sense of style' for picking his PSL 7 ...08:50 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Feroze Khan gears up for his first English rap single03:26 PM | 26 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021