Mina Tragedy: No compensation by Saudis to heirs of Pakistani Hajj pilgrims
ISLAMABAD (APP) - Minister for Religious Affairs Sardar Muhammad Yousaf on Friday informed the National Assembly that no financial assistance has so far been provided by the Saudi Arabia government to the heirs of Pakistani Hajj pilgirms who died in Mina stampede last year.
Responding to a question of Parveen Masood Bhatti, the minister told the House in a written reply, that 74 victim families of this incident have been compensated Rs.500,000/- per head under Hujjaj Muhafiz Scheme(HMS) 2015.
While the rest would be compensated/finalised on receipt of the supporting documents from their nominees. The nominees are being contacted through letters as well as through telephonic reminders, he added.
- Teenage girl killed in Indian unprovoked ceasefire violations along ...04:01 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- PM Imran expresses pain and grief over loss of lives in Beirut ...03:36 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- If offered, I would love to work in Pakistan: Engin Altan Düzyatan01:53 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- Saba Qamar, Bilal Ashraf & others grieve over the tragic explosions ...01:10 PM | 5 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020