Khalid Lango refused bail, arrested in connection with Balochistan Finance Secretary corruption case
After Lango's bail was rejected, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) arrested him on corruption charges, which were leveled against him after exposure of the Ex-Secretary Finance Minister Mushtaq Raisani scandal.
Lango had earlier resigned after wads of cash worth Rs 630 million and gold worth Rs 40 million was seized from former Balochistan Finance Secretary Mushtaq Raisani’s residence earlier on May 6.
Later, in a raid on a bakery in Quetta, authorities seized Rs. 57 million in gold, foreign currency and land records in connection with the case.
Earlier, the Islamabad High Court (IHC) had granted Lango a 15-day protective bail.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020