ECC suspends hike in electricity prices
An ECC meeting under the chair of Finance Minister Asad Umar had sought approval from Prime Minister Imran Khan for the price hike ahead of the meeting.
Earlier it emerged on media that a green-signal would be given for Rs2 per unit increase in electricity prices to partially finance the ever-rising circular debt.
However, ECC has directed NEPRA and Power Division to present the policy for the next 3-5 years during the next meeting.
ECC approves hike in natural gas prices 02:39 PM | 17 Sep, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of Cabinet on Monday approved an increase in gas tariff. The ...
According to reports, directives have been issued to formulate a policy which focuses on the collection of bills and presents a strategy to decrease line losses. The ECC meeting decided that circular loans would not be recovered from consumers.
During the last ECC meeting on September 17, gas prices in the country were increased by up to 143 per cent.
Petroleum Minister Ghulam Sarwar while addressing the media following the meeting had said the majority of gas consumers would be subjected to a maximum 20 per cent increase, while consumers using over 500 cubic meters would see an increase of up to 143 per cent.
In August, Prime Minister Imran Khan constituted a 12-member ECC.
Circular debt stands at Rs 596 billion, ECC ... 12:11 AM | 30 Aug, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Economic Coordination Committee (ECC) of the cabinet was informed on Wednesday that the amount of ...
Law Minister Farogh Naseem, Petroleum Minister Ghulam Abbasi, Planning and Development Minister Khusro Bakhtiar and Railways Minister Sheikh Rashid are part of the ECC. The committee also includes prime minister’s advisers Razak Dawood and Dr Ishrat Hussain.
In addition, six more ministers — communications, national food security, power, privatisation, statistics and water resources — are part of the ECC.
- PM Shehbaz Sharif, CM Hamza Shehbaz appear in Rs16b money laundering ...03:00 PM | 28 May, 2022
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022