SC forms committee to investigate Amal’s death
The committee comprising of the advocate general of Sindh, Barrister Aitzaz Ahsan, Lateef Khosa and Advocate Umaima will also establish amendments necessary for police training, regulations and treatment of injured persons in hospitals.
The tragic incident:
The incident happened on August 13 when Amal along with her parents was on the way but was hit by a stray bullet in her head when a few robbers were busy snatching valuables from a car next to them.
The girl was rushed to the nearest hospital (National Medical Centre NMC) where she was provided with oxygen by a manual Ambu bag. The doctor told the family to take the wounded to either Jinnah or Agha Khan Hospital as it was a medico-legal case.
The hospital neither provided the family with emergency medical aid nor ambulance and moreover, even refused to give the Ambu bag to help the injured, rush to another hospital.
However, the family arranged another ambulance, but tragically Amal died on the way.
During the hearing of the case, Amal's tearful mother Beenish said "We don't want any compensation for our daughter's death, adding that we just want to make sure that what we faced does not happen with anyone else,
President Arif Alvi pays visit to Amal’s family ... 02:03 PM | 22 Sep, 2018
KARACHI – President Arif Alvi on Saturday visited the family of 10-year-old Amal, who was fatally hit by a stray ...
Furthermore, she raised a question regarding the use of a Kalashnikov to counter street crime. "Who has permitted the police to use the AK-47 to counter street crime?" she said, adding that the law enforcement agency was earlier unwilling to admit whose bullet had hit the girl.
"We want to thank the Supreme Court and CJP Nisar for taking notice of the incident and ordering an inquiry into the matter.
"Our daughter will not come back to life but we want laws to be passed to solve the issues, be them at the police’s end or the hospitals in order to eradicate such incidents.
"Weapons, mobile phones and a rickshaw were seized from his possession," the police chief added.
"Khalid's accomplice, Shahzad, was killed during a police encounter on August 13," Sheikh said.
- OIC concerned over life imprisonment for Kashmiri leader Yasin Malik01:20 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Govt announces criteria for ‘Sasta Petrol’ relief package12:40 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Electricity tariff to be increased for revival of IMF loan programme: ...10:45 AM | 28 May, 2022
- New Zealand PM pays tribute to Pakistan's Benazir Bhutto at Harvard07:07 PM | 27 May, 2022
- TikToker Dolly's bail plea in forest fire case dismissed by Islamabad ...06:09 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Shyra Roy shares her working experience with Hrithik Roshan07:53 PM | 27 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022