Khadim Hussain Rizvi-led TLP bags first ever provincial assembly seat
According to unofficial results, TLP candidate Mufti Mohammad Qasim got 21,596 votes in PS-115 Karachi, while Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan (MQM) candidate Faizan Mustafa stood at the second position with 16,404 votes.
The religious party, which is headed by Moulana Khadim Hussain Rizvi, shot to fame when it staged days-long sit-in in Islamabad against the amendment to Election Act 2017 pertaining to Khatam-e-Nabuwwat clause. Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), which was ruling Pakistan when the protests were held, had to succumb to pressure as it had to kick out its law minister Zahid Hamid.
Meanwhile, the elections results for National Assembly predict that Imran Khan, the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is all set to take over the reins of the country for a period of next five years.
Imran Khan set to captain Pakistan for next five ... 01:31 PM | 26 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Imran Khan, the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is all set to take over the reins of the country ...
As Pakistan concluded its 11th General Elections on Wednesday, with a single massive incident of violence, the vote counting is portraying PTI in a favorable light with Imran Khan visibly assuming the prime ministership of the country in just a few days.
Khan’s party, founded some 22 years ago, has managed to bag 118 seats of the National Assembly according to unofficial results in the fraught elections that pitched him against the all-powerful Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party.
- Man arrested for running fake Twitter account in Syra Yousuf's name11:40 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir leaves fans impressed as she sings 'Kesariya'10:59 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Kim Kardashian pays $1.26 million to settle SEC crypto charge09:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Zafar releases new Punjabi song08:57 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022