Khadim Hussain Rizvi-led TLP bags first ever provincial assembly seat
KARACHI - Newly-emerged religious party, Tehreek Labaik Pakistan (TLP), has won the first-ever seat in the General Election 2018, making his way to Sindh Assembly.
According to unofficial results, TLP candidate Mufti Mohammad Qasim got 21,596 votes in PS-115 Karachi, while Muttahida Qaumi Movement Pakistan (MQM) candidate Faizan Mustafa stood at the second position with 16,404 votes.
The religious party, which is headed by Moulana Khadim Hussain Rizvi, shot to fame when it staged days-long sit-in in Islamabad against the amendment to Election Act 2017 pertaining to Khatam-e-Nabuwwat clause. Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N), which was ruling Pakistan when the protests were held, had to succumb to pressure as it had to kick out its law minister Zahid Hamid.
Meanwhile, the elections results for National Assembly predict that Imran Khan, the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is all set to take over the reins of the country for a period of next five years.
Imran Khan set to captain Pakistan for next five ... 01:31 PM | 26 Jul, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Imran Khan, the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf is all set to take over the reins of the country ...
As Pakistan concluded its 11th General Elections on Wednesday, with a single massive incident of violence, the vote counting is portraying PTI in a favorable light with Imran Khan visibly assuming the prime ministership of the country in just a few days.
Khan’s party, founded some 22 years ago, has managed to bag 118 seats of the National Assembly according to unofficial results in the fraught elections that pitched him against the all-powerful Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz and Pakistan Peoples Party.
- Huawei allowed to play limited role in building UK's 5G network10:27 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan ex-skipper Sarfraz Ahmed blessed with baby girl09:04 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan set to launch first-ever national emigration policy08:24 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Federal cabinet rejects Mushtaq Mahar's name as Sindh IGP after ...08:06 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Drinking water case: SC dissolves Sindh Water Commission06:59 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Why Miley Cyrus missed the 2020 Grammy Awards?03:58 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Rabi Pirzada performs Umrah03:38 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Ayeza Khan says she wanted to redefine the role of a 'heroine' ...03:25 PM | 28 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019