Pakistan elected as vice president of UN Economic and Social Council
Ambassador Lodhi’s election was endorsed by 54 members of the Asia Pacific Group, the Radio Pakistan reports on Friday.
Pakistan has just been elected as Vice President of the UN’s Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC ) We are humbled and delighted by this unanimous decision of the 54-member body. Earlier, my candidature was endorsed by 53 members of the Asia-Pacific Group. pic.twitter.com/VD2auIxza5
— Maleeha Lodhi (@LodhiMaleeha) July 25, 2019
She will now assume the Asia Pacific seat in the Bureau of ECOSOC, a principal organ of the UN-mandated to deliberate on socio-economic and development agenda of the world body.
Talking to reporters after the vote, Ambassador Lodhi said that her election to such an important organ demonstrates the faith of the international community in Pakistan and the competence of its diplomats.
- US train riders ‘held up phones as woman was raped’, could face ...01:45 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Here’s how Pakistan Navy detected and blocked Indian submarine from ...01:20 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Drone flies lungs between two hospitals for transplant patient in ...12:55 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Afghan Taliban start building their own air force12:35 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- T-20 World Cup: Scotland beat Papua New Guinea by 17 runs12:13 AM | 20 Oct, 2021
- Kumail Nanjiani dressed up in a Pakistani designer at Eternals ...02:00 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Ayeza Khan’s new fashion look gets trolled by netizens05:25 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Alka Yagnik has the sweetest birthday wish for Imran Abbas05:10 PM | 19 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021