NAB to ask for Interpol help in arresting Nawaz Sharif's sons, Dar
ISLAMABAD - The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) has decided to bring both sons of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and former finance minister Ishaq Dar back to the country through Interpol in order to complete their corruption trial.
After receiving the letter, the ministry will formally write to the Interpol for detaining the suspects and send them back to Pakistan.
The anti-graft watchdog has filed three references -Avenfield properties, Al-Azizia Steel Mills and Flagship Investment - against members of Sharif family including Hassan and Hussain. However, the sons of the three-time premier did not appear before the court, which later declared them absconders.
A case pertains to London flats has entered final stages as the judge is recording concluding arguments of the defense counsel.
Similarly, a case was filed against Senator-elect Ishaq Dar for possessing assets beyond the known sources of income. The accused attended some hearings but later he went to London for his treatment last year and failed to make an appearance in the court. He was also declared absconder by the accountability judge.
- COAS Bajwa interacts with senior serving, retired military officers ...12:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2020
- World Bank announces new Country Director for Pakistan11:51 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- New York’s Times Square lights up in solidarity for Kashmiri people11:19 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- India imposes curfew in Srinagar ahead of clampdown anniversary10:32 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Hundreds flee after mass prison break in Afghanistan09:48 AM | 4 Aug, 2020
- Nothing Like Everything: Ayyan Ali announces first-ever music album04:56 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Filmmakers around the world take to part in Iran’s Resistance Film ...10:27 AM | 3 Aug, 2020
- Hamza Ali Abbasi, Naimal Khawar Khan blessed with a baby boy12:37 PM | 3 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020