JUI-F's Hafiz Hamdullah is a 'confirmed alien': NADRA
LAHORE – The citizenship of Maulana Hafiz Hamdullah has been cancelled by Nadra and declared the former JUI-F senator a ‘non-native’.
Moreover, Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (Pemra) has also directed TV channels not to invite Maulana Hamdullah as a guest in their TV shows.
The media watch dog’s notification referenced a NADRA letter dated October 11 that affirmed that the JUI-F leader was not a citizen of Pakistan.
According to the notification, the CNIC of the JUI-F leader has been cancelled. This would mean that the former senator is no longer a citizen of Pakistan.
He has been elected as an MPA from Balochistan in the 2002 General Elections on Muttahida Majlis-e-Amal ticket and served as Provisional Health Minister from 2002 till 2005.
However, the National Database and Registration Authority didn't reveal the actual citizenship of the 51-year-old JUI-F leader so far.
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- 22-year-old Samina dies in Lahore’s hospital after protesting ...06:41 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019