Belgian foreign minister concerned over Kashmir crisis as curfew continues
Pakistan 's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi talked to Reynders who expressed that further escalation would have a severe impact on regional peace and security, reaffirming his readiness to remain engaged with a view to playing a facilitative role.
Qureshi briefed the Belgian official on the current situation in the Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir and the Indian government's illegal and unilateral steps to change the disputed status and demographic structure of the valley.
According to the Foreign Office, Qureshi said the steps [revocation of special status] were in contravention of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) resolutions on Jammu and Kashmir and international law.
Apprising Foreign Minister Reynders on the worsening situation of basic human rights, safety and security of the people in the occupied Kashmir , Qureshi said the Indian actions entailed a grave risk for peace and security in the region.
He highlighted the severe hardships faced by the people of the restive valley in the face of the unprecedented lockdown of the entire population.
The two leaders agreed to continue to work together for peace and stability in the region, the Foreign Office said.
Normal life remained affected in Kashmir as markets and schools remained shut in valley.
- FO summons envoy as India opens unprovoked fire at LoC10:51 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Kashmiris set to observe Indian Republic Day as Black Day07:12 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Iran to host technology investors from 8 countries including Pakistan ...07:08 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- Brad Pitt takes ownership of mistakes that ruined his and Aniston's ...01:55 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- PISA 2020: Sajal Aly bags nomination for ‘Best TV Actress’ award01:45 PM | 25 Jan, 2020
- I’m sorry I take none of what you said seriously: Anupam Kher ...04:59 PM | 24 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019