ECP allows special persons to cast vote through postal ballot
The facility, which is being provided to the special persons under the recently amended election act, will be available to those having the computerized national identity cards (CNICs), issued by National Database Registration Authority (NADRA) with a logo of a special person.
The physically impaired people have been asked to apply with the returning officer concerned to avail the facility by July 5.
The facility, which is already available to government servants, aims at enabling special persons to exercise their right to vote and sparing them of the hassle of coming to polling stations. According to an estimate, more than 200,000 disabled persons are registered with the NADRA.
Meanwhile, the ECP on Tuesday issued a 16-point code of conduct for foreign observers and international media for the upcoming General Elections 2018.
The electoral body has warned that the permission granted to international observatory missions can be cancelled if the code of conduct is violated.
ECP issues code of conduct for foreign observers 04:12 PM | 26 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) issued a 16-point code of conduct on Tuesday for foreign ...
According to the code of conduct, international observers and foreign media are required to submit an affidavit to cover the cut-throat elections scheduled for July 25.
“Observers shall respect the sovereignty of Pakistan as well as fundamental rights and freedom of its people,” asserts the code of conduct.
It further calls that political impartiality shall be maintained by observers and media at all costs while observing the election and shall not exhibit any bias or preference with regard to political parties and candidates as well as any issue related to the process of election
Additionally, international observers and media have also been barred from including personal opinions in official reports.
However, it allows assigned officials from observer organisations to pass personal comments on the election process.
ECP also clarified that observers and media persons cannot stay in the country after their visa expires.
- PakvsNZ: Pakistan cricket team reaches New Zealand for series05:31 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Karachi University announces open merit admissions 202104:49 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Samba Bank, Techlogix join hands to introduce Digital Lending03:13 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Arzoo Raja Case, 44-year old husband charged for rape of minor03:00 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- Does Meesha Shafi want to date Babar Azam?07:05 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Justin Bieber pens a beautiful 24th birthday message to wife Hailey ...03:43 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- YouTuber Umar Khan ties the knot03:15 PM | 23 Nov, 2020