Imran Khan allowed to contest polls from NA-53
Khan's papers for the said constituency were rejected owing to the incomplete affidavit submitted earlier, however, an appeal was filed by the PTI chief through his counsel Babar Awan, which has now been accepted.
Imran Khan had submitted nomination papers for five seats of the National assembly, NA-53 (Islamabad), NA-95 (Mianwali), NA-131 Lahore, NA-243 in Karachi and NA-35.
Imran Khan given green signal to contest ... 01:59 PM | 19 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Returning Officers deputed for scrutiny of nomination papers for NA-131 and NA-243 have approved the ...
With the latest verdict, Khan has been given a go-ahead to contest elections from all the constituencies, except Bannu.
Khan will be facing former premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, former party leader Ayesha Gulalai and Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz leader Sardar Mehtab Abbasi.
Former top judge Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had threatened Imran Khan that he will bring in the Sita White case to seek his disqualification, however, the charge was not entertained by any Returning Officer.
Former CJP Iftikhar Chaudhry vows to blacken ... 11:07 AM | 11 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former Chief Justice of Pakistan, Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has said that he will file a case against ...
In an interview to a private TV channel, the former top judge claimed that he has evidence to show Khan’s admittance that he is in fact the father of Tyrian White.
Chaudhry, who now heads Pakistan Justice and Democratic Party, said his party would file objections against Khan’s nomination papers before the relevant Returning Officers.
The legal expert said that there was a precedent for politicians to be disqualified for dishonesty under Article 62 (1)(f), adding that he believed Khan should not be considered ‘sadiq and ameen’ in terms of the Constitutional article, citing documents which confirm the parentage of Tyrian White.
“Khan has mentioned his sons in his nomination papers but made no mention of his daughter. We shall take the case against him in the Supreme Court if the returning officer or the election tribunal fails to act accordingly,” he threatened.
Chaudhry questioned how Khan could go around the world and advocate justice when “he is not even willing to recognise his own daughter”.
- All educational institutions to remain closed in Rawalpindi tomorrow09:28 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Another child paralyzed as Pakistan reports fourth polio case of 202208:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- HSA, UNFPA mark Int'l day of Midwife 2022 and day to end Obstetric ...08:14 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Pakistan Army strongly condemns sentencing of Kashmiri leader Yasin ...08:01 PM | 25 May, 2022
- PTA clears the air on blocking internet services amid political ...07:36 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Amar Khan and Momal Sheikh's hilarious BTS video goes viral06:45 PM | 25 May, 2022
- ‘Pawri girl’ Dananeer Mobeen's new video goes viral02:07 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Coke Studio 14 sets new popularity records in India04:44 PM | 25 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022