Imran Khan allowed to contest polls from NA-53
Khan's papers for the said constituency were rejected owing to the incomplete affidavit submitted earlier, however, an appeal was filed by the PTI chief through his counsel Babar Awan, which has now been accepted.
Imran Khan had submitted nomination papers for five seats of the National assembly, NA-53 (Islamabad), NA-95 (Mianwali), NA-131 Lahore, NA-243 in Karachi and NA-35.
Imran Khan given green signal to contest ... 01:59 PM | 19 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Returning Officers deputed for scrutiny of nomination papers for NA-131 and NA-243 have approved the ...
With the latest verdict, Khan has been given a go-ahead to contest elections from all the constituencies, except Bannu.
Khan will be facing former premier Shahid Khaqan Abbasi, former party leader Ayesha Gulalai and Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz leader Sardar Mehtab Abbasi.
Former top judge Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had threatened Imran Khan that he will bring in the Sita White case to seek his disqualification, however, the charge was not entertained by any Returning Officer.
Former CJP Iftikhar Chaudhry vows to blacken ... 11:07 AM | 11 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - Former Chief Justice of Pakistan, Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry has said that he will file a case against ...
In an interview to a private TV channel, the former top judge claimed that he has evidence to show Khan’s admittance that he is in fact the father of Tyrian White.
Chaudhry, who now heads Pakistan Justice and Democratic Party, said his party would file objections against Khan’s nomination papers before the relevant Returning Officers.
The legal expert said that there was a precedent for politicians to be disqualified for dishonesty under Article 62 (1)(f), adding that he believed Khan should not be considered ‘sadiq and ameen’ in terms of the Constitutional article, citing documents which confirm the parentage of Tyrian White.
“Khan has mentioned his sons in his nomination papers but made no mention of his daughter. We shall take the case against him in the Supreme Court if the returning officer or the election tribunal fails to act accordingly,” he threatened.
Chaudhry questioned how Khan could go around the world and advocate justice when “he is not even willing to recognise his own daughter”.
- Nawal Saeed melts hearts with new sizzling photos in saree11:10 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Michael Weisz’s YieldStreet faces litigation of over £100 million10:48 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Asad Zaman makes into Punjab Junior Tennis quarterfinals10:20 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- DG ISPR, Information minister review Pakistan's diamond jubilee ...09:54 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- In telephone call with Blinken, FM Bilawal reiterates commitment for ...09:29 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Nora Fatehi’s new video of playing cricket in saree goes viral06:06 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Fia Khan’s new bold pregnancy photoshoot with family goes viral05:18 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Dolly’s new TikTok video goes viral03:42 PM | 6 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022