Crenwelge highlights US support for education, business in Faisalabad, Sargodha
She inaugurated a new US-funded English language program, spoke with vice chancellors and faculty at leading universities, and met with members of the business community to discuss trade and economic issues.
“Education is the cornerstone to building a successful future,” Crenwelge said. “U.S government-sponsored English language programs provide young Pakistani men and women with the opportunity to create new paths to prosperity. These programs are a key part of our long-standing partnership with Pakistan to expand access to education.”
The envoy also participated in summer camps for Pakistani students at the US-funded Lincoln Corners in Sargodha and Faisalabad. The camps promote reading and communication skills, as well as education in science, technology, engineering, and math. More than 500 students attend such programs throughout Pakistan.
Members of local chambers of commerce spoke with Consul General Crenwelge about new ways to further strengthen U.S - Pakistan business ties to promote trade and economic growth.
- Pakistan hit by Covid vaccine shortage amid ‘lack of coordination, ...02:21 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- 'No jab, no job' – Sindh announces to fire public, private ...01:47 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- Islamophobia rising in Canada as another 2 people held for ...01:18 PM | 16 Jun, 2021
- PM Imran shares a throwback childhood photo with family05:30 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- Feroze Khan opens up about second marriage04:07 PM | 15 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021