FWO declares M-Tag compulsory for motorways trips
FWO imposed a new rule for all public and commercial vehicles traveling on the Lahore-Islamabad motorway (M2) to install M-Tag sticker before 31st March 2018 and no vehicle will be allowed to enter M2 without M-Tag from 1st April.
M-Tag stickers can be issued by FWO booths at almost every entry or exit points of M2.
To get M-Tag driver’s need to have a valid license, Photo ID and vehicle’s registration documents.
M-Tag is a pre-paid RFID chip system that is read by the scanners installed at the toll booths. The scanner reads the balance and the location of the entry, and upon exit, the scanner on that booth deducts the appropriate amount.
Gradually, the M-tag will be used on motorways across the country. This step has been taken in accordance with the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project. The cars will be allowed to enter Motorway after clearance only. Moreover, M-tag will also help capture vehicles that are stolen or used for terrorism.
- At least one dead, three injured in Karachi PC Hotel roof collapse ...12:24 AM | 27 May, 2022
- Pakistani, Indian killed in deadly gas explosion at UAE restaurant11:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Six Pakistani peacekeepers honoured posthumously at UN ceremony11:20 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan fail to qualify for Hockey World Cup after beaten by Japan10:49 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Pakistan increases petroleum prices by Rs30 per litre10:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Amna Ilyas’ new bold photo from France sets internet on fire07:13 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Fans share their dance videos to celebrate Ali Zafar’s hit song ...05:50 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Alizeh Shah’s new video of enjoying song in car goes viral04:45 PM | 26 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in most powerful passport list in 2022? ...08:37 PM | 5 Apr, 2022
- International Women's Day - Pakistani women who made a mark globally!09:55 PM | 8 Mar, 2022
- ‘Hybrid regime’: Pakistan among worst nations on EIU's Democracy ...01:22 PM | 12 Feb, 2022