PM Imran briefed about initiatives to transform Islamabad into model city
The Prime Minister was given the briefing as he chaired a meeting about the issues relating to Islamabad here at the PM office.
Special Assistant to PM Ali Nawaz Awan, MNA Raja Khurrum Nawaz, Secretary Interior Maj (R) Azam Suleman Khan, Chief Commissioner Islamabad Amir Ahmed Ali, IG Police Islamabad Amir Zulfiqar and other senior officers attended the meeting.
The Secretary Interior also briefed the Prime Minister about various initiatives being taken to improve access to service delivery and ensuring responsive governance in the federal capital.
The Prime Minister was informed that significant progress has been made towards anti-encroachment drive. Besides retrieval of 75 acres of land in Tumair, 114 Kanal at Margalla foot hills, land of Botanical Garden has been recovered and handed over to the Ministry of Climate Change.
He was informed that besides clearing the markets from the encroachers, green areas annexed by the houses in various sectors of the capital would also be cleared in the next few days.
The Prime Minister was informed that a system of holding Khuli-Kachehris in all four zones of the capital has been started in order to receive and address complaints of citizens against land/qabza mafia.
It was informed that computerization of land record and Computerized Complaint Management System was being put in place to address illegal land grabbing issues.
On improved access to service delivery, it was informed that the number of Facilitation Centers was being increased to five, from the existing one center, to help citizens in accessing government services.
Besides, technology was being employed for redressal of issues and getting feedback on the service delivery.
About the action against drug mafia, especially around the educational institutions, the Prime Minister was informed that so far 117 cases of narcotics have been registered in the last 25 days.
It was informed that besides proactive action by ICT Police and ANF, comprehensive plans have been prepared to get the support of the citizens especially the parents of students to curb drugs from the capital.
The Secretary Interior also briefed the Prime Minister about various other initiatives including the plans for redoing of major parks of the capital and addressing the issue of water for the residents of the capital.
IG Police briefed the Prime Minister about issues relating to Islamabad Police.
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...10:52 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Sajid Sadpara to scale K2 in search of Ali Sadpara's body10:30 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 25 June 202109:57 AM | 25 Jun, 2021
- Deepika Padukone's comment on husband's post winning hearts11:54 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Hira Mani gives a sneak peek into her US trip06:17 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Britney Spears calls for end to 'abusive' conservatorship04:26 PM | 24 Jun, 2021
- Pakistan seeks explanation from HBO management for censoring PM ...11:02 AM | 23 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021